10.29.2012

What's Cook'n-Homemade Vegan Ramen Noodles

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Ramen noodles. Nutritionally they are probably the worst food on the planet. Essentially, it's noodles in a chemical bath, but for some reason they are loved by all. Well, being vegan, Ramen Noodles is not an option for us. I am not bummed by this at all because I came up with a much more nutritional, possibly healthier vegan version. One day I was nursing Amar'e to sleep and the recipe just came to me. I tried it and everyone loved it. Now its a weekly occurrence for this family. Here it is:

Homemade Vegan Ramen Noodles
Ingredients:
1 Onion
2 Cups of broccoli
1 Cup of baby carrots
2 tablespoons of olive oil (to saute in)
5-6 Cloves of garlic
3 Green onions
3-4 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Package of china noodles
2 Container of vegetable stock or broth

Chop all the veggies, dice the garlic and the green onions.

Saute carrots first for one minute.

Add onions(and broccoli) and saute for about six minutes. This time I made it, I did not include broccoli because I didn't have it.

Add garlic and stir.

Once you can smell the garlic a bit (10-30 seconds take care not to burn the garlic), then you can add your veggie stock or broth. I use both depending on which store I am able to get to for shopping.

Bring soup to a boil and add the broken up china noodles. Boil for three minutes. (This is what it looks like with broccoli)

Add chopped up green onions and stir. Remove from heat.

Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...