2.26.2013

Anxiously Awaiting Warmer Weather….Spring.



The other day I found myself cruising weather websites and browsing the ones that had the best temp averages for the month of March. What I found out is that by the end of March we should have temps in the 40's. The one thing I am dying to do is tear the plastic off the windows and open them wide. I am so antsy to purge and sping clean everything!  This winter was/is challenging for me and the family (I know I keep saying this). We are in such life transition right now it is hard to find that solid ground to stand firmly on. Like I've said before, I feel like I am living life on hold….."one day this, one day that". I need to find the will to live each day for what it is, a day living a precious human life. I have to stop feeling so down about things, and start to see the slight beauty of everything around me. After all, some don’t even get the privilege to live life, to breathe the sweet air, to see the beautiful blue sky…….but I do, and it is a great privilege. I mustn't wish it away.

It's hard not to feel secluded in such a distant place in which we reside. Someone recently told me that seasonal depression is so prevalent in an area like this because for six months out of the year, we don’t really get sunlight because we don’t go outside. It's hard to go out when the fringed air sweeps the warm air right out of your lungs, and freezes little tiny fingers so fast. The  other day we broke. You know it's bad when the (almost) two year old gets up from a nap, because the sun came out and started shining in her little face, and says '"side" (outside). How do you say no when she leads you over to her boots and says "on"? I couldn't get around it, I couldn't tell her no…..so outside we went. It was wonderful to see Amar'e jumping in the puddles and splashing and playing about. It made me so hungry for outside weather. At this point it won't take much for me to consider it outside weather….no precipitation, and it should be warmer than 38 degrees. That's it, that's all I ask.  I have pictures of Andrew and I last April racking leaves and prepping our garden. March is Friday (also my birthday), and that means it will not be much longer! We can't wait and I am counting down the days. So many things to look forward to this coming spring, summer, and fall. So many wonderful things to do during that time.

I wonder what the effects being stuck inside have on an eleven year old. I know he has perfected the art of annoying his mother and sister. If there is an award for this, he should, without a doubt, win it! I know he feels pent up too. I try to encourage him to go outside, but he shows no interest and obviously I don’t blame him.  I don’t know if this is my fault because I don’t go out when it's cold and/snowy? This is how I was raised. I did indeed go out with the kids to go sledding when I was a kid but for no reason other than that…but I don’t think there is a place for the kids to do that where we live. I never see anyone out when I am coming and going.  

 We must do more then exist, we must live....






P.S.One thing I am looking forward to participating in is the Mama Earth Project for the month of March . This will consist of a daily photo prompt for the month of March. This will take care of two goals of mine...working on my photography and blog more. I truly look forward to it.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

9 comments:

  1. Yesterday the high temp was 34 degrees here, and I considered that zoo-going weather. It was so good to get outside with my gals and move around. They were happy, happy little campers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like so much fun! I am so glad you guys got to get out! :)

      I saw this little cartoon picture back at the end of the summer. It was a picture of a stick figure all bundled up, shivering. Above it read " October 40 degrees". The picture next to it was the same stick figure in shorts, a short sleeve T-Shirt walking around happy as could be. Above it read "March 40 degrees".

      :)

      Delete
  2. I love Amar'e's pictures playing! Patience my dear...winter is hard for everyone! Spring is so close! Oh and thanks for the Mama Earth link...how didn't I know that! It's a great idea, I'm going to participate,too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right....patience is key. Spring is so close....I can taste it!

      Very excited about the Mama Earth project for March! Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

      Delete
  3. Live you must!!! Enjoy the snow and cold weather....just think once you get out of it you may never experience it again!! LOL But I am happy March is her in 2 days for your sake...almost Spring is right!! Amare looks so cute in her little hat! Yes the sledding was the fun part I remember... what about ice skating any of you like to do that? Wow your birthday is almost here..I still think of you as 21ish. Love you all and miss you all of course!!
    Hang in there...
    xoxoxox
    Awnee San

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. And I totally hear you... I had to leave the north because my seasonal depression was ruining my life. I'm way too sensitive to those things. It was cloudy all day today and by 3 pm, I wanted to curl up and hide... and thats in, not freezing, florida weather! Thanks for a bit of inspiration tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also very sensitive to the seasonal depression thing! 27 years is more than enough time for me to know I don't want to participate any longer! :) I am glad to be of assistance to you. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...