5.01.2013

Surprise! There's a baby on the way!

Well, it has been really hard keeping this news to ourselves for 14 weeks, but now we don't have to anymore. Over the weekend we broke our wonderful news that we are expecting again to our friends and family. We couldn't be more excited! Actually I have a few more people to tell, but I don't think they read my blog. If they do, I will surely find out soon. I am due on Halloween, which is extra special for me because I love Halloween. Getting through the first trimester was rough. It wasn't that I was sick a lot, it was the fatigue that really brought me down. When the afternoon rolled around, it was like I couldn't keep my eyes open. It was horrible because I use that time, while Amar'e sleeps, to do things that I need to get done. I didn't have much morning sickness, although I would get pretty nauseous in the evenings, which I found terrible because I couldn't eat much for dinner. I'm just now starting to get away from the extreme fatigue and am starting to feel a bit more normal again. We have also decided that we will not be finding out the sex of the baby until the day he/she arrives. We tried, with Amar'e and had no luck. At first I was disappointed by this, but then it becomes a source of pride that I was able to not ask for another ultrasound just to find out. I wanted to wait until the day she arrived to find out. This was the best decision we made. So once again the baby will be "the baby" until Halloween time! I'm aiming to do a weekly pregnancy questionnaire along with a picture for the blog. We'll start with week 14:
 Tiny bump



How far along? 14 Weeks

Total weight gain: 2lbs

Maternity clothes? No yet. 

Stretch marks? No new ones!

Sleep: Just when Amar’e starts to sleep through the night and not waking up to nurse I get pregnant and sleep becomes a touchy subject. Some nights I sleep pretty good, other nights I feel like I didn’t sleep a wink. I don't drink anything after 8 o’clock to avoid nighttime bathroom trips.

Best moment this week: When I asked Amar’e what she thought about having a baby around. Her response was to hold her arms as if she was holding a baby and say “oh baby”, and hearing the heartbeat.

Miss anything? Merlot and beer! :)

Movement: Not yet. I felt Amar’e move at about 15-16 weeks. 

Food cravings: Fruits and vegetables. Tomatoes. Nachos.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee. I’ve been trying to give it up since we found out I was pregnant. The weaning process was hard at first because I was extremely tired come afternoon time. As soon as it started to me we queasy it was really easy kicking the coffee habit. I am only drinking one cup of tea in the morning and one in the afternoon. 

Gender: We will not be finding out the gender until the day the baby arrives.

Labor signs: No.

Symptoms: Sore boobs, the worst acne ever, depression/moodiness.

Belly button in or out? In.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time: Less moody than previous weeks. Fighting a little depression. 

Looking forward to: Having my energy back, the acne to go away.  

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

12 comments:

  1. I keep deleting comments instead of publishing them. In my defense the options are very close together and I am intending to hit "publish" instead of delete!

    Auntie Kim said:

    "So excited!! But you already knew that... Weather's nice now, we'll have to start up our evening walks (you know, the ones that we claimed we would do the last time you were pregnant, but probably made it out once! LOL!). Love you guys!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!! Yes, we should start on those walks that a well overdue! Love ya too girl!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!!! Congratulatiooooooons! I'm so glad for you guys!
    I love that you're keeping the baby's sex a surprise! I wanted to do the same thing with Nereus but on the first ultrasound my doctor announced that the baby was a boy...I said "Are you sure? Isn't it too early?" and he said "Well, he's definitely a boy, unless he found an okra and putted it there...". I was devastated.
    I wish you the best pregnancy ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearly my friend!!! I am so scared that something like that will happen to us when we have an ultrasound. But, I'm gonna make it beyond clear that we don't want to know what we are having and they can call the baby "it" if they need to! I am so sorry to hear that your surprised was ruined! I know another lady that happened to and I felt for her.

      Thanks again my wonderful friend!

      Delete
  3. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    Do you hear the delight in my voice!!!
    I'm so happy for you guys!! I would love to be there when the baby comes...who knows it may work out this time!! I think Alex is really happy you're having all the babies LOL no pressure on him and I know he is in NO hurry! hah What does big D have to say!
    xoxo
    Love you guys!

    Awwnee San

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It beautiful here in October! You could make it work!:) Great time to visit! :) Hahahah...lol ya, no pressure on him, but hurry up Alex! My littles want little cousins to play with ;) hehehe.... Big D is excited!! He is a wonderful big brother!

      Delete
  4. Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I only recently started following your blog so I'm not sure how big of a surprise or plan this Little Bit is, but it's great you are excited and have support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sarah! We are glad you are here! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. First of all congratulations for conceiving baby
    Glad to read out your blog post here, Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe. i'm so excited for you. congratulations. don't worry about the beer and wine. You'll get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What amazing news for you. I just lost time sitting here thinking about tiny babies growing insides their Mummas. Congratulations, hope you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...