8.22.2012

Talking

I have never really thought about it before, but it seems that my little Amar'e has taken her time with the whole talking thing. Everything else she has been right on with; smiling, rolling over, crawling, walking, but not talking. I'm not worried by this at all because she babbles a lot and does say a few words now. Lately, she has had a slight vocabulary explosion and this is very exciting. I know that all children reach milestones at their own pace and when they are ready. She has been communicating using other means very well for a long time. Her comprehension is amazingly great too.If I ask her a question she answers me in babbles, which means she knows it's a questions and responds. When she was about nine months old, I made the decision to teach her sign language. This decision was made strictly because I thought the idea was cool. I watched a few videos online of young babies signing and was instantly determined to do this with Amar'e. Overall, this has been awesome. She signs regularly and now at 17 months, she picks up new sign quickly. I think I may be comparing her to Damien, who has been talking since he was 11 months, and hasn't stopped since. I try to embrace this for the most part. I'm thinking he should go to law school to be a lawyer because he loves to argue with everything. He will argue even he knows he is wrong. Gotta love it!

Signs Amar'e can use:
More
Milk
All done
Dog
Cat
Eat
Mommy

Signs we are going to be learning:
Daddy
Brother
Hurt
Up
Down


Words Amar'e can say:
Ma ma
Da da
Hi
Bye
Two
Dat (That)
Brad
Maine
Juice
Wally
Dee (This is Damien's nickname)
Boom
Pa pa
Meow
Moo

Here are some silly photos of Mar:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...